The Medical Gym at Mass Bay Spine & Sport Physical Therapy offers an environment for safe and effective exercise programs to improve overall health and wellness. Each program is designed with YOU in mind, taking into account your goals and any current limitations you may have due to injury or illness. Whether you would like to lose weight, increase mobility, manage chronic health issues, or simply increase your activity level, the Medical Gym will give you the tools and knowledge you need to exercise at your pace, in a safe and comfortable environment.
For Years, we’ve educated thousands of clients about healthy living and the benefits of regular exercise, and we’ve also learned a lot about why people don’t exercise. The most common reasons:
- Lack of knowledge/Know-How
- Limited access to equipment
- Fear over getting hurt
- Don’t like the gym environment
We’ve created our medical gym space to tackle those obstacles by providing clients with a comfortable environment and carefully designed programs, removing the excuses we all use preventing us from taking action.
What to expect:
- A complete health and fitness assessment on your first visit.
- A custom program designed to help you achieve your health and fitness goals
- A variety of cardio and strength training equipment
- A supportive, positive and motivating environment that will ensure you meet your fitness goals
Who can benefit from a health and wellness program at the Medical Gym?
- Individuals with risk factors for chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, heart disease or high cholesterol, or those with chronic medical conditions that limit their normal daily function
- Physical therapy patients who have completed treatment but would like to remain active or achieve a higher level of activity
- Individuals with an upcoming orthopedic surgical procedure (joint replacement, ACL reconstruction, etc.) who would like to better prepare for surgery
- Older adults with a history of falls or osteoarthritis
- Anyone who would like to become more active and lead a healthier lifestyle!
Initial Assessment and First month membership: $125
- Comprehensive fitness assessment
- Program design and education on equipment use, safety and proper exercise technique/form
- 1 additional follow-up consult ensuring proper performance of designed program
- 1st month’s membership
Monthly fee(beyond the 1st month): $40/month
Additional Follow-up Consult(Optional): $59
- A follow up fitness re-assessment as well as program review and modification as indicated
- This is an optional service for clients wishing to measure progress and have program modified/advanced to ensure appropriate level of intensity.
- And with no long-term commitment or contracts, you have the option to continue to receive the benefit of working with our highly knowledgeable staff month to month to meet your fitness goals or take what you’ve learned and continue your new lifestyle on your own, it’s your choice! Contact our Medical Gym Team for more information (781) 319-0024.
Looking for more advanced training and regular oversite of your program? Check out our Personal Training services offered by 3B Fitness for more options
***the “3B Fitness” should be a link to a separate page (will provide copy for that page)
~ James Doherty
~ Jerry Bertrand
Lauren Plourde, ATC
Lauren Plourde is our Certified Athletic Trainer and is one of our fitness assessment and program design professionals.
Lauren received a Bachelor of Science degree in Athletic Training from the University of New Hampshire. Her prior experience includes working as a Strength and Conditioning Coach at the Rehab 3 Center for Athletes at Seacoast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Somersworth, NH. She is also the current full time Athletic Trainer for Marshfield High School. She is also a member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).