Read these 5 Benefits of Stretching to find out!
- Increase Circulation: Although stretching isn't directly proven to prevent injuries, stretching does increase blood flow and circulation, supplying nutrients to your muscles which can reduce muscles soreness after working out and contribute to muscle repair.
- Increase Flexibility: As you age, your muscles get tighter and shorter, which may lead to a decrease in flexibility resulting in muscle, tendon, and joint injuries.
- Increased Range of Motion: Stretching can increase the range of motion in your joints bettering balance, which will make you less susceptible to falls.
- Decrease Stress: Gentle Stretching exercises relax tense muscles associated with stress, improving your overall mood.
- Alleviate Low Back Pain: Hamstrings, Quadriceps, Hip Flexors, and Lower Back muscles all contribute to posture. If you stretch these muscle groups it will alleviate soreness, reduce pain, as well as strengthen lower back muscles.