Rehab Faster and Safer with the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
Mass bay Spine & Sport Physical Therapy, Inc. is pleased to announce the addition of the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, the world's first and only treadmill using NASA based anti-gravity technology. Our patients can now immediately do partial weight bearing exercises after an injury or surgery. Patients with neurological disorders can maintain, and in some cases even regain functionality and mobility working with the AlterG. Seniors can exercise without the fear of falling and those looking to lose weight can use the AlterG to segue into a healthy exercise program without putting undue pressure on their joints.
Just about anyone can use the AlterG and benefit from it. Its unique Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology applies a lifting force to the body and comfortably lifts the user, which allows him/her to walk or run at a fraction of their body weight. You too can benefit from the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. For example, if you are:
An orthopedic patient or wellness/weight loss client, you can...
- Reduce gravity's impact on your joints with the Anti-Gravity Treadmill and run/walk without pain.
- Walk or run with no pain while maintaining a normal gait so you can continue to stay in shape.
- Reach your weight loss goals without pain and experience what it feels like to be at your target weight on the Anti-Gravity Treadmill.
An athlete, you can...
- Safely rehabilitate after a sport injury or surgery.
- Push your training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury.
- Easily track progress during training and rehabilitation with precise unweighting.
A senior or someone with neurological disorders...
- The Anti-Gravity Treadmill can help you walk or even jog further, faster and with more stability than you may have previously thought possible
- The Anti-Gravity Treadmill can help you maintain your health and wellness, as well as achieve more independence in your day-to-day life
- The Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps you exercise when you otherwise might not be able to because of pain, stress, or instability
Insurance coverage: The Alter G may be covered by your insurance. If you have a medical condition that would benefit from using our Alter G treadmill...talk with your primary care physician and ask them if a physical therapy referral is indicated. One of our physical therapists will then perform a comprehensive evaluation and incorporate the Alter G into your treatment plan if appropriate.
Self pay: For clients who do not have a medical condition that qualifies for physical therapy coverage, we have a host of self pay options making the Alter G treadmill available to anyone wishing to experience the benefit of unweighted exercising to achieve your health/fitness/wellness goals. Please see the pricing options below:
|Membership Option||Price||Duration (minutes)||Frequency|
|Pay as you go||
|up to 30||single session|
|up to 30||3 sessions|
|up to 60||single session|
|up to 60||3 sessions|
|Punch card memberships||
|up to 30||10 sessions*|
|(*unsused session carry over until all are used)||
|up to 45||10 sessions*|
|up to 60||10 sessions*|
|up to 30||3x/week X 4 weeks|
|(sessions do not carry over each week or month)||
|up to 45||3x/week X 4 weeks|
|up to 60||3x/week X 4 weeks|
|Punch card membership sessions are good for 6 months.|
You will be required to wear a special pair of shorts while using the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®. We provide 8 sizes from XS to 4-XL. If you plan to use the AlterG Treadmill often, we strongly advise that you purchase your own shorts through The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® website www.alterg.com. The shorts are $75 per pair can be sized at our office.
Call 781-319-0024 or click here to schedule a visit, so you can try it out for yourself.